LOGISTICS BUSINESS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What happens when I place a booking?
After you’ve placed a booking, the consignment will be automatically posted to the selected carrier and you are contact as part of the process.
- What destinations does Makizto ship to?
Both domestic and international
Do you have products you don’t ship with Makizto?
Yes, please request for a prohibited check list @ email@example.com
- Can you pick and deliver my shipment the same day?
You can have your consignments collected and delivered on the same day by using an express service. In this case, we recommend to request for details via firstname.lastname@example.org or our customer care line for guidance on the services areas available for that product.
- Can I book a collection date in advance?
You can arrange a collection for up to a week in advance of today’s date, just send our customer care email via email@example.com and you will be assisted with the booking.
Should you or your business have a large or unusual shipment that needs some organizing in advance, please let us know. This will allow us to arrange everything necessary.
- How do I get the rate guide?
Go to the get a quote tab and key in details of your shipment.
- Which measurements do I need to provide for a custom quote?
- Length: measure first left to right;
- Width: measure front to back;
- Height: measure top to bottom.
If you are able to overturn your consignments, in that case select the longest side as ‘length’. If you want to ship goods with irregular shapes (chairs, shoes, tires, rolled goods), select as length, width and height Known as the” Volumetric weight”.
To prevent carriers from adding surcharges and breaking your good cheer, it is very important to carefully (and truthfully, that helps us well) provide us with the measurements and weight of your shipment.
- What is a commercial Invoice?
A commercial invoice is a document containing the number, description and value of the goods present in the consignment.
- Can you move fragile items?
Yes, you can. We, however, recommend to do not so – it is not advisable to send fragile items with any Courier Service whatsoever, since consignments are mostly handled by automated machines and processes.
This is why fragile items can only be sending at your own risk and cannot be covered for damage.
- Prohibited goods
Uganda Import Prohibitions
- Alcoholic beverages
- Bearer Documents
- Bio Products, Haz
- Chemicals, Haz
- Cosmetics, Haz
- Dangerous Goods as defined by IATA (Intl. Air Transport Association)
- Ice, Dry
- Ice, Wet
- Infectious Substances
- Liquor, Haz
- Magnetized Materials
- Paints, Haz
- Perfume, Haz
- Tapes, video cassettes
- Toiletries, Haz
- Toy Guns
- Used/Old/Second Hand appliances, computer hardware, computer parts and electrical equipmen